Thursday, October 07, 2010

Phobia?

I have a fear of writing papers.
Rather, I dread it.


Yet, somehow I have a blog.

This I do not understand.
............

On another note, I was quite loved at yesterday night's kids club. My church has started one that meets on Wednesdays. We pick up kids from the nearby apartment complexes, feed them dinner, teach them Bible lessons, then help with homework or create crafts.

...I was like a human loungechair...it was fun.

But really, it is a rewarding task, hanging out and establishing relationships with these kids.
They are hungry for attention, and I am more than happy to oblige; listening to their stories and giving piggy back rides.

.........
Right now,
I am loving the
acoustic, indie, singer-songwriter, chill sound.

A few months ago, I was obsessed with the Rat Pack and Michael Bublé.
I had my Beatles fetish. You think those girls in the 60's had Beatle-mania?
Well, they had nothing on me.


But now, I am "in like" with soothing strains.

It'll change soon.
I'm always on the prowl for new sounds.
Let me know if you would suggest anything positively ah-mazing.

.........

As far as academia goes...

Geometry is teaching me to become the mistress of the OBVIOUS.
When I'm working the problems, I feel like I'm being too simple.

See, I skipped geometry, did algebra I & II and then Precalculus.
In order to round out my high-school transcript I have to get in my Geometry credit.

To put it simply, I don't like it.

(It is way better than Physics, so I won't complain too much.)

............
I'm starting a trend.


My right hand has long fingernails. (which I DO keep groomed)

In sharp contrast, my left hand has short nubby nails. (since you can't push down on a fretboard with fingernails in the way.)


I've picked up playing the guitar again.  It is a beautiful instrument. One of the best sounds.
NOTE: I am not meaning to say that that my playing is one of the best sounds, but that the instrument itself has some amazing sounds.

I've learned that my fingernails are the best for finger-picking songs. Much better than metal claws.

So, I have strange looking hands.

It'll catch on. 

............


Believe it or not,
I'm an honor student. 


I'm a geek and proud of it. 


I'm going to be re-inducted into the eta sigma alpha xi zeta chapter tonight...
I need to be there so I can socialize with smart people, and maybe they'll rub off on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

your feedback is so very welcome here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 It's been over five years since I last blogged.  Blogs aren't really cutting edge anymore, faded to obscurity under the glitzy allu...