Monday, October 11, 2010

HGTV-ity

At 1:00 :


The first coat of green is up on my walls!
Oh boy, it is GREEN. Practically neon.
It's going to take multiple coats to subdue it into a more natural tint.


I've learned how to spackel. What a fun word. Though don't be fooled, it can be a frustrating action.


Ripping up carpet is fun, but removing tiny staples from the floorboards is not.


I'm lucky that my sister Jess is such a staple-pulling machine.


Time for apple cornbread with lentil stew. Yum.

5:00...
I don't think I want to be a professional painter. It is sheer craziness. BUT my room is a nice green now.
(*happy dance*)


now back to work...


They don't show all of this time-consuming labor on those HGTV shows. I thought this would take an hour, since that's how long most of those decorating shows run.


I was wrong.

............................
8:00 :




So, I made money today. 

Okay, okay, it was only a penny. 


A dirty penny wedged in the floorboard. 

A penny saved is a penny earned, right?  


Right.


I ripped out some baseboard in the closet. As it was being yanked from the wall, the layers of previous paint colors shone through. 


My house is from 1975, which I guess explains why they chose odd colors for the baseboard. 


I thought trim was always supposed to be white. I was wrong. 


Apparently, things were pretty funky in the 70's. 

  1. A layer of red.
  2. A layer of (ewww) carolina blue. 
  3. A layer of a weird green-yellow. 
  4. A layer of cream yellow.



Hmmm. 


Never underestimate a hammer and crowbar. 

As an aside: 

I'm loving my tunes. Shuffle is a wonderful thing. I like how my songs transition from epic tranquility to crazy upbeat rhythm. 

After absorbing the genius of musicians all day, I think there should be a national day when everyone may only sing. (auto-tune doesn't count.) 

AND IF someone disobeys and talks, well...
...they'd have to...

 I can't think of a good punishment.

The point of this holiday is for everyone to be merry and happy.

Tra-la-la-ing through the day. Like this dude:



Oh, well, maybe not such a good idea after all... hmmm

**************


I win.
Not that it's a competiton or anything.


...but I still win.
You lose.
"Lose what?", you may ask.
Two words:

The GAME. 

Well, it's been a full day. I'm tired.
I'm turning down Ty's offer of joining his house makeover crew.

Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

your feedback is so very welcome here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 It's been over five years since I last blogged.  Blogs aren't really cutting edge anymore, faded to obscurity under the glitzy allu...