Friday, April 27, 2012

Welcoming Distractions

Let me just say, I am a FOCUSED person. Maybe not always driven, but definitely focused and detailed.
When I start a task, I want to finish it.
I get totally wrapped up in it. When I'm doing something, I don't want to be distracted.

You could say that I focus to a fault. I am very good at tuning out everything and just concentrating.

Distractions are usually unwelcome. Very unwelcome. (Unless it comes to Calculus or Physics Homework. Any and all distractions are met with open arms then.)

This trip to Africa has taught me much about flexibility. You never know exactly what will happen each day. The pace of life is slower.
You must embrace change.

I am realizing that change is the way of life. As a Christian, I should be changing. My faith should remain solid, of course, but my life should change every day.
Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory which far outweighs them all. We fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. 
~2 Corinthians 4:16-18

Distractions, problems, issues, are all like a wake-up call. They are growing experiences that should be welcomed. If I can use my ability to focus on the unseen, the seen issues that interrupt my "routine" won't matter any more. Troubles become light and momentary.

I have found that some days, I kinda just sleepwalk through. Distractions wake me up!

Usually when an issue comes up, I easily get annoyed. I wonder why on earth I can't just complete my task.
If I am trusting that God knows what He is doing, I can take distractions as they come. I can have perspective and realize that any troubles that come in this life are light. They last but a moment in eternal perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment

your feedback is so very welcome here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 It's been over five years since I last blogged.  Blogs aren't really cutting edge anymore, faded to obscurity under the glitzy allu...