Saturday, April 14, 2012

No randomness in His Plan

A huge point:

There is nothing random in God's kingdom or plan.

God works all things out for the good of those who love Him.

ALL THINGS.

You may think something unexpected has come up, but God is going to work it out for good. He knows He has a plan.

Crazily enough, in the past few months, I have been searching for the plan. I have had foggy moments where I feel like God is saying nothing to me. But really, I think He's telling me that the plan is already here, right in front of me.

I guess what I've been expecting is a map of my life to just fall out of heaven, with every detail planned out to a T.
Something would happen so I would know what it is I'm supposed to do.
I would know for sure how I could best serve God.
…but no map has fallen out of the sky.

While I have been given a guidebook, and while it doesn't say such details as what I should major in, who I should date, where I should live, etc., it does give the big picture.

  1. First, follow Christ.
  2. Be cleansed of sin.
  3. Restore a relationship with God.
  4. Run the race of life with endurance.
  5. Do everything in the name of Christ Jesus.
  6. Do so much good that when others look to accuse, they can find no fault. Encourage one another.
  7. Love God first, above all else.
  8. Love others deeply, as much as you love yourself.

That's just a bit of the lessons God has been teaching.

I've been struggling with the how.

How am I going to do that?

…but the cool thing is that I don't have to do it. Really, I just have to surrender to God. I have to listen to the Holy Spirit.

While God isn't going to give me a mapped out, detailed plan of my life, I can know what the end result should be.
He lets Christians use creativity to get there.

He gives free will.

But, paradox!

He knows. 

 He knows every detail. He is going to take those details, even the ones that at the moment seem immensely frustrating, and turn them into something good.

So, if there is something that's annoying you, getting you down, making you feel like pulling your hair out… take heart!
God has got the details. Don't try to take control. Love Him, and keep living for Him.
I have tried this, and the peace that comes is amazing.
I have tried working out the details myself. I have tried taking the steering wheel, and let me tell you, it is not a fun path.

I've learned to just let God do His job, and I'll do mine of living for Him. It's much easier and enjoyable that way.

1 comment:

  1. Very true, I needed to hear that.
    One of those points reminds me of some Scripture I've been trying to memorize:
    1 Pet. 2:11-12
    Beloved, I beg you, as sojourners and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts which war against the soul, having your conduct honorable among the Gentiles, that when they speak against you as evildoers they may, by your good works which they observe, glorify God in the day of visitation.

    ReplyDelete

your feedback is so very welcome here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 It's been over five years since I last blogged.  Blogs aren't really cutting edge anymore, faded to obscurity under the glitzy allu...