Thursday, April 19, 2012

A little more than useless

Have you ever felt useless?
...like what you're doing has no impact?
...like you don't know what on earth God has got in store?

Well, today I got a word about this.

A word that came at just the right moment, when I was feeling ever-so-slightly this way.

Isaiah 49:4
"But I said, "I have labored to no purpose;
I have spent my strength in vain and for nothing...."


While I haven't felt quite that down-and-out, I have had the feeling that comes every so often of, "I'm not really making an impact...I'm... what am I doing here?"
I can be utterly exhausted from effort, and what do I have to show for it?

But (yay!) the verse goes on to give hope:
"...Yet what is due me is in the LORD's hand,
and my reward is with my God."


But remembering that all I do is all for God, no matter what, makes all of the difference. It is a matter of the heart, the intent.

I love to remember this verse:
Colossians 3:17
And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.

I felt I should post this today.

God sees what you're up to, and He has got the reward. Even if it feels thankless, He knows

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, lady! I think that may come in handy on my missions trip this summer. :) Encouraging. I'll have to remember it. --Amy D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the thoughts and I like the Relient K reference. :)

    ReplyDelete

your feedback is so very welcome here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 It's been over five years since I last blogged.  Blogs aren't really cutting edge anymore, faded to obscurity under the glitzy allu...