Tuesday, August 30, 2011

shoddy poetry:

O calculus! Oh math!
How you do scramble my brain.
When upon a problem I encounter,
My hand cries out in pain.

I will write steps o'er and o'er
(As no other creature would do)
And yet, what ho! when the answer I give
The answer is snubbed with a "foo!"

I want to live a merry life
But, O math, you bring me low
Math, will you not be lenient?
Why must you stay? Will you not go?

"Your mind should not be wasted", they say
"From your math-heresy you must repent!"
"You foolish, silly girl", they tell me,
"Math makes your life well-spent."


Yet I laugh and scoff at their words
For what good comes of math?
It can't cook or clean (among other things)
It can't even draw me a bath!

"Math is in all processes" they'll tell me
"Math makes your wishes come to be!"
If this is so, I will now go.
For my one wish is from math to be free!

...this is what a few hours of calculus homework does to me. PURE INSANITY and lack of reason (and rhyme, as you can tell).

I have decided to never be a math professor.
E-ver.
 
Also, I'm not going to be a poet.

That is all.

1 comment:

your feedback is so very welcome here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 It's been over five years since I last blogged.  Blogs aren't really cutting edge anymore, faded to obscurity under the glitzy allu...