Thursday, August 25, 2011

my eyes won't focus...

Well, the beauty of joining a class after it has already been in session, is that you skip over the fluff.

You don't trouble yourself with busy work.

Yesterday, I was able to add a class! I was despairing of taking anything.
Then finally, a class opened in a subject I needed!
I was estatic.
I was soo ready to start learning. Like, it's crazy. You might have thought it was Christmas for me.

Knowledge is power...

Anyways, I emailed my professor...
and I found out that there are already plenty of homework assignments due. So I plunged in, ready to attack the math beast.

Calculus? These problems take a good amount of time. It's easy to make teensy little errors that throw your whole answer out-of-whack. Then, it's back to square one to rework the problem.

I've been wracking my brain and fervently reading my textbooks today. I have a lot of ground to cover.

The math knowledge is slowly trickling back.
It's like when your foot falls asleep.
Numb at first, but then, you get a little feeling. It's pretty much just as painful, too.

Hey, I don't do this kind of math in day-to-day life.
I'm realizing how true the saying is, "if you don't use it, you lose it"

Not to mention, I haven't had a really rigorous math course in about a year. Geometry was a relative breeze. Physics was technically math, but science math is infinitely more fun than math math.

Anyways, I have been giving my brain a workout. I know there are plenty of people who might laugh (cough, honor students, cough) at the fact that this is just calculus. I had a friend taking calculus 3 her senior year of high school.


Well, I have a headache because my brain is out-of-shape in the advanced math department. I've been pouring over my textbooks all day, trying to review what I had previously learned.
But just like in running, I shall get back on track.
Class is tomorrow morning, wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

your feedback is so very welcome here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 It's been over five years since I last blogged.  Blogs aren't really cutting edge anymore, faded to obscurity under the glitzy allu...