Monday, August 08, 2011

I have arrived...

...as a manual driver.
Stick shift all of the way, baby!
Okay, so I know I can 'officially' drive my stick shift now because something happened the other day. I was asked to drive our van, which is an automatic.
I haven't driven an automatic car in about three months.
It was ...interesting.
I started up the car, and my left foot kept feeling around for a clutch pedal.
My right hand reached around trying to find the gear shifter.
...Talk about feeling silly.
I've grown used to using the gears to slow down the car as opposed to depending solely on brakes. Automatic cars don't quite work that way.

I also caught myself constantly phantom shifting as I drove.
My mom laughed at my antics.

I'm really thankful I didn't mistake the brake pedal for the clutch. That would have scared my passengers big time.

Music influences the way I drive. It seriously does.
Tonight I was listening to my 60's mix cd, and everything was chill.
Totally chill.
I didn't feel the need to speed in the least.
I had trouble going the speed limit.
But, I had no annoyance at the drivers who cut me off. Everything was all gooood.
I might just keep listening to chill music when I drive. I liked how the groovitude affected my driving. They just don't make good music like that anymore.

Today, I've had Spirit in the Sky stuck in my head:



No comments:

Post a Comment

your feedback is so very welcome here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 It's been over five years since I last blogged.  Blogs aren't really cutting edge anymore, faded to obscurity under the glitzy allu...