Thursday, September 23, 2010

Super-girl?

I was radiated. Twice in one day. But there's always an upside... 


Before you start jumping to conclusions (as I realize that in this day and age radiation = cancer) know that I am well, for the most part, and have no life-threatening diseases (other than the normal ones) 


So after that disclaimer: 


Yesterday was an orthodontist day. Yay. My doctor is great, but there's only so much you can do to make wearing braces a "fun" experience. The fact that I have equipment in my mouth that could pay for a decent car doesn't help my dismal outlook... I digress. 


When I went in, I was informed that I was due for a x-ray. Oh boy. Talk about feeling like an experiment. I stood in a crazy contraption, wore a lead apron, and bit down on a piece of plastic while holding my head at a certain angle. The nurse flipped the start switch and quickly exited the room. Metal bars spun around my head.
I might like to add that before the nurse left the room, she told me to stand perfectly still. There's nothing like being made over-conscious of a simple task. I was able to keep my body from moving, but it was pure effort. 


After the examination, the doctor said he didn't really like the x-ray taken. He wanted a larger picture, or something along those lines. 
So we went through the x-ray process again. The hygienist/nurse joked about radiation exposure.


At least I hoped she was joking.

When I got home, I looked up radiation exposure. I came to find out that radiation exposure is what causes superpowers. 


Seriously. Google it. Super powers are caused by radiation. Wise Geek says so. It MUST be true.


So.




I'm developing superpowers as I type this. 


And since the radiation was all targeted at my cranium, I'm sure it's going to unlock the telepathic (otherwise-inaccessible) part of my brain. 
Also, I'm going to fly. 
Maybe I'll be invincible. 


I can already tell a difference. 


Today, my senses are heightened. Every little noise catches my attention. Isn't that what initially happened to Spiderman?  Yup. I'm getting extra-sensory-perception. 


The naysayers (*cough* Mom and Dad *cough*) claim that my senses are extra-sensitive today because my teeth have been tightened. They say that my teeth are giving me a headache and possibly making me delusional. According to them, I have as much a chance of getting ESPN as ESP. 


All I can say is, "Go NY Giants!!" 


*sigh* there always will be critics...


But I'm going with the thought that my super-powers are developing. 


I'll keep you posted. 

1 comment:

your feedback is so very welcome here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 It's been over five years since I last blogged.  Blogs aren't really cutting edge anymore, faded to obscurity under the glitzy allu...