Saturday, September 18, 2010

Shopping and an embarrassing anecdote.

Today, I went shopping. [prepare yourself for a boring post...]
Not that this is unusual. I managed to not spend too much money, but I did actually find some deals!
I've already mentioned this, I'll say it again: Pinehurst has a jackpot of upscale resale shops. It's pretty amazingly awesome.
I flash-backed to that thrilling moment when I found my gorgeous prom dress. *cue music*

Today I found ANOTHER amazing designer gown in that same store.
I think the lady who owns the store needs to make me her mascot or something. I'll be her spokesperson, if only I can have first pick--for free? You see, every time we visit there, I find something stunning. Not fair that I don't have wads of cash. Turned out this dress was $365 buckaroos (a dollar towards it a day for the next year. Plus a few extra days for tax). 'Tis a shame.

OH! I know!

Uh, Mr. Obama? May I puh-leeze have a personal stimulus/bailout thingy too? Pretty please with a cherry on top??? You'll be my favorite if you do...

(see, I do keep up with current events, kinda)



Moving on.
We ate lunch at a cutesy cafe downtown. Every dish was "made fresh" [Translation: long wait.]  by a real chef. I don't know what the alternative would be...


After waiting on our food for over a half-hour, it arrived. I have to say, that was one good Greek salad.
"Hunger is the best sauce."
This was proved to be true. I was hungry, therefore the food was scrumptious.


{{So, I posted a form of this earlier, but it did not make coherent sense.
Because, you see, my lovely sister was pestering me.
It is HARD to type ANYTHING when every five seconds someone asks you if you're done yet.
I hastily finished, we went on a stroll, ate dinner, watched When in Rome [I <3-ed it], etc.,
just now I have re-read my completed post.
Ew.
I'm sorry.
I redid it. 
Also, this is not my usual computer.
I apologize for the typos.}}

SPEAKING OF TYPOS, don't you just looove spam emails? I have many emails in my old inbox from the email I had when I was a youngster. Sadly, most of that is SPAM


(Spam video time! Click Here for the spam, spam spam spam, Spammity spam....)
I've almost believed a few of those.
Like the time one of my contacts emailed me to say they had been mugged in London. I saw through that one pretty fast. I KNEW that person didn't travel much. haha, spammers, haha


Then, I found out I was royalty. In Nigeria. After looking in a mirror, I think they had me confused with someone else...but IT WASN'T SPAM! They were right, after all. You're reading a Nigerian princesses blog! Are you starry-eyed yet?
***Disclaimer: This may  or may not have happened.***

Wouldn't it be fun to say that it had?

I enjoy making things up. It keeps you on your toes, you see. But only making up fun stuff.
Would you believe that I made this up?:

I once fell while walking.


(I know what you're thinking, and no, I didn't fall then. Well I did, but when you're a baby, that stuff doesn't count.
I'll narrow it down for you. Within the last five years this occured.
Still too broad?
Okay, this happened the past two years. How's that? I'm not getting any more specific than that...)

True?

True Story. I did.


Embarrassed does not even begin to describe what I felt. (Stop laughing.)


Imagine, if you will, an adorable little one and a half year old. An adorable kiddo who loves to be chased.
Imagine me, chasing said kiddo.


Ok, I'll cut to the chase. Imagining takes too long.


So I'm chasing my cousin when
*WHAM!!!*
I fall.
Face-plant. 
I still have NO IDEA what happened. All I know is that I was on the hard, unforgiving floor. The floor wasn't slanted or bumpy. But there I was, facedown and moaning. It was a true freak of nature. Rather, I was a true freak of nature. There were witnesses.
I also have a scar to prove it. A scar of which I am not proud.

OH SNAP
I shouldn't have confessed that factoid.
Now you know me.
A nerd AND a klutz??
You surely have a low opinion of me.
I'm gong to shut up now and post something later when I am in a more, uh, "dignified" frame of mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

your feedback is so very welcome here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 It's been over five years since I last blogged.  Blogs aren't really cutting edge anymore, faded to obscurity under the glitzy allu...