Thursday, September 16, 2010

Qualms

I've looked back at my blog archives. I've realized a few things.

1) I've gotten duller as of late.
2) My struggle with coffee has been ongoing...
3) I enjoy verb-age. (verb-ing??)
4) I sound A.D.D. (I think most of my generation has been diagnosed as such)

Yesterday I was told that when I write stuff, I type "nerdy".

Praise or put down? You tell me.


I do think that it's true. I type in complete sentences, even when texting.
How lame is that?


Sorry, but I WILL NOT give up the ability to spell words out. 


 Sometimes it gets to me to read: "i no rite?" or "heyyy gurl, 'sup?"

Is there something cool about looking so TERRIBLY illiterate? 
(If you do type like this, I apologize to you. It's nothing personal. Maybe you can enlighten me? I'd like that muchly.)

... another HUGE pet peeve of mine: "Your great!"
No, no, no, no NO!

It's you're, people, you're.

Your spelling is not so great. It needs attention and you're causing people to judge you. 
No one seems to get this.

I'm going to stop ranting now. Before I add too much to my "nerd-meter".

(I have one, everyone does. If your nerd-meter gets too high, there are repercussions. I had to get rid of my pocket protector because of the dire things that could happen. Ha, no. Juuussttt Kidding. Don't worry, I still use my pocket protector on a regular basis)

Whoops! NOT GOOD. This is NOT looking good for me-- 
AT ALL. 

What's another something that won't detract from the small amount of coolness I have left?
Ummmm
Oh!
Nevermind. Nope, not my youtube vids. NOT those. If I want to maintain my image, you will NOT click the link I've added. You WILL NOT look at my silliness.
  ("where's the link?", you ask? Well, maybe it's here. But I didn't tell you that)


CHANGING the subject to something that does not reflect on me personally....

I painted a coffee mug this time last year, and I love it. It's HUGE and holds quite a bit of liquid.

Not that I'll be using it for coffee anytime soon.
I went in for a physical today. After the normal questions from the doctor, she asked me about my caffeine consumption. I told her I was cutting back A LOT. Maybe only having 8 oz a day (and lately it's been a cup of tea). She said I should go off of that stuff totally.

Say WHAAAAA?

Is life to be devoid of all things I love now?
I asked about hot tea. She said it wasn't great for teens to have caffeine.

NEWS FLASH! 
I should have told her I knocked back a few red bull a day and then asked about a harmless cup of tea. Teens everywhere write odes to the drug. Starbucks makes a pretty penny from the sale of steaming cups  filled with the stuff.

Sorry, maybe I overreacted.

..........

After google-ing teens and caffeine, and looking at a few different nutrition sites, I learned that a wee bit of caffeine is okay.

YES!!! 
But I will still be watching it. Don't worry about that. *wink*

2 comments:

  1. coffee....oh how I do not drink I love hot tea through and I drink green tea so much so maybe we can go get together and drink hot tea together!!!!! well I love your blog and you are so very random it makes me laugh!!love ya Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. its lovely seeing what other people do in their spare time. normally id be out and about riding my four wheels of freedom (not my car). Although its not strange to see me in my little Honda CRX either. I will say that you are very random, and you can do something I wouldn't have a chance at doing...giving up caffeine, for the most part. Anyways, I'll check you later.

    ReplyDelete

your feedback is so very welcome here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 It's been over five years since I last blogged.  Blogs aren't really cutting edge anymore, faded to obscurity under the glitzy allu...