Saturday, September 04, 2010

shh! Headache in progress

I'm an addict. I thought it would never come to this; but I have to face up to it sometime. I need to tell myself that this Drug is not the answer. Caffeine does no good, and I know that the fix is always temporary...

Such signs and propoganda... tsk tsk
Ugh, I admit it. I have a dependency from which I need to untangle myself.
At first I thought I could give it up cold turkey. I soon found out that this is a painful process, and there are other people that I interact with daily that I must consider.
The withdrawal symptoms are drastic and turn me into a monster.

Everything about coffee draws me in. And it's so easy to obtain... There are different levels of potency, and I was going for the high-concentrate stuff. Enough is enough, I must give this up.

But NOT using the cold turkey method.

I have a dull headache. My brain feels like everything is foggy. I snap so much more easily.  I feel...pathetic.

My advice: don't play with such drugs. Peer pressure is not always a good thing, and caffeine is nothing to play with. Once you start, you're hooked...
See, it's a slow downward spiral. You start with a fluffy frappĂ© or over-sweetened fru-fru drink that has a hint of the coffee flavor...next thing you know, you're drinking the stuff straight and strong. I should have known I was going too far when some of my fellow coffee drinking friends commented on the super-strength of the coffee we were drinking (as I was downing my drink like water and wondering if I should have made my coffee stronger...)

I'm in a complaining and moan-y mood. Time for a run--some good old-fashioned endorphins. Better for me than a cup of coffee...

Maybe.


No comments:

Post a Comment

your feedback is so very welcome here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 It's been over five years since I last blogged.  Blogs aren't really cutting edge anymore, faded to obscurity under the glitzy allu...