Sunday, May 30, 2010

Pensive Pondering




I've been reading about HOPE. 

Where do I put my hope? This passage is a good self-check.
Asking myself, "are my eyes haughty? Am I messing with things that aren't my business?"
 I like the peacefulness of this passage. That's how my soul should feel when I still and quiet it before Him:

Psalm 131

A song of ascents. Of David.
 1 My heart is not proud, O LORD,
       my eyes are not haughty;
       I do not concern myself with great matters
       or things too wonderful for me.
 

2 But I have stilled and quieted my soul;
       like a weaned child with its mother,
       like a weaned child is my soul within me.

 3 O Israel, put your hope in the LORD
       both now and forevermore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

your feedback is so very welcome here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 It's been over five years since I last blogged.  Blogs aren't really cutting edge anymore, faded to obscurity under the glitzy allu...