Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The nuances of being a neologist

I feel like rambling a bit
...again
This is what this blog is for, right? Right.

Summer is OH SO RAPIDLY approaching. I'm feeling giddy.
Summer is pretty much the best time of the year. At least right now it is. (In August, I just might be ready for some snow, but I doubt it.)
I remember this past winter thinking to myself,
"I'll miss the cold in July. I'll be whining about how hot it is. Maybe I should just soak up the cold."
So I did. I sat in the car, before the heat cut on, absorbing the chill. Let me tell you, it was nothing like soaking up sunshine or a warm day.
It was, well, cold. Not terribly pleasant. But I did it so that I wouldn't complain in the summer. And this past summer, I did not complain (about the heat, at least).

I've begun to value sleep. Perhaps that's a sign of maturity.

There are some cases where sleep is unimportant.
And that's okay. Every once in a while.
But trying to stay up every night does a number on one's immune system, brain, etc.

My sleeping patterns have been messed up lately. I've been feeling sick and crummy.
So, the past few nights, I've been going to bed at a somewhat decent hour.
The difference is drastic.

I'm still a night owl, but...
I'm beginning to understand that if I don't get at least 8 hours in, life becomes a haze. Life becomes no fun.

So a word to the wise: sleeeeep!

(and a neologist is someone who coins new words! FUN FACT ALERT!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

your feedback is so very welcome here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 It's been over five years since I last blogged.  Blogs aren't really cutting edge anymore, faded to obscurity under the glitzy allu...