Monday, December 05, 2011

I'm BaaaaAAAAck!!

Hey you lovely, patient readers!
Has much happened in my absence?

My blog has sadly become neglected, so as I spiff it up, do some dusting cough, cough (I've always disliked dusting, even the virtual kind) I will thank you for your patience. You've stuck it out, and, well, you're my favorites. Let's not tell the newbies.

So what have I been doing that requires me to neglect my blog? Well, for one, I have been working like a madwoman. I love my job, but it just takes time and energy. I work at a makeup store. Don't roll your eyes. I know that, in past posts, I have perhaps not come off as a makeup-y girl, but I am. I so am.
This job is like finishing school. Almost. It's at least forcing me to use a blow dryer (I used to just let my hair drip dry like a mop on my head *gasp*) and to be sure that I look as pro as possible.

What else have I been up to? Well, in a word: calculus.
You remember how I hated physics? I have quite a few posts dedicated to that hatred.
I love it compared to how much I disdain calculus.
Physics at least had some sort of practical application.
Calculus just feels soo abstract.

I have been gearing up for Christmas, and I am excited. I have heard more than my fair share of renditions of "Winter Wonderland", "Wonderful Christmas Time", "Santa Baby", and let's not forget, "All I Want For Christmas Is You"
Who knew that there were so many covers of those five songs?
I sure didn't. My job and the overhead music is teaching me otherwise.

AND I HAVE SOME EXCITING NEWS WORTHY OF CAPS LOCK!!!!1!1!!!! (and the obligatory ones in the exclamation points)

I have been praying hard about where/what I am supposed to be doing this next semester.
I have felt like the door is opening for me to go overseas to do some mission work for a few months.

DID YOU READ THAT???

ME OVERSEAS SERVING.

Nothing is solid solid yet, but OH MAN the thought of it just makes me giddy. LIKE CLOUD NINE.
I've had a really strong desire to go overseas since pretty much forever.
I love helping people who have real needs.

I need direction for my life.
Sadly, I can't be in this transition phase forever. I'm in the "figure out what to do with my life" phase.

I'm still in my teens, so I'm using that as a semi-excuse for my lack of direction, but I feel like I don't know myself. I don't know how to use my, shall we say, unique skill set.

So, I'm hoping that a totally new environment, where my focus is just to serve God wholeheartedly, will be good for me. I know that no matter where I am, my focus should be that, but I am feeling like a culture shock is what I desperately need.

So, if you would, please pray for me. Prayer is costless, but it's also soo priceless.

And also, if you have read this far, and feel like leaving a comment,
I would love to pray for you. I have been learning just how powerful prayer is. How can I pray for you?

I will keep this blog better updated. Pinky promise.

*Update: I am sick. Due to my lack of mental ability at the moment, typos are not my fault. that is all.*

1 comment:

your feedback is so very welcome here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 It's been over five years since I last blogged.  Blogs aren't really cutting edge anymore, faded to obscurity under the glitzy allu...