Friday, August 27, 2010

take me home, country roads...

...my Mimi said that song would make her cry for homesickness.
It's high time that I come home "fer a spell"
Although my hometown is far from "country"...

I feel like I haven't been home but a week this summer. That one week was an outreach, so I wasn't really home at my house.

It has been a grand summer, for the most part.

the cliffs notes version of my summer:


  • The SAT (what a way to kick it off!)
  • Housesitting and dogsitting. That helped alleviate the stress of the SAT. 
  • Serving in MTYC's kitchen
  • counseling at MTYC for the middle girls 
  • the SPORT camp outreach! 
  • Cooking at HCBC
  • counseling at MTYC for the little girls
  • a week with my grandparents (on my mom's side) 
  • a week in Hilton Head! 
  • Back to my mom's parent's house
  • My Grandaddy Henline's funeral
  • A week with my grandparents on the other side

and now...
a few days here at home and I'm off again!

Well, this summer has been exceptional. I have learned much. Many lessons that I will be able to glean wisdom from in the upcoming years.

On another note: I'm glad that I know the Meaning of Life. Otherwise, I would be SO despairingly depressed. I would be in the absolute pits. Not knowing is a terrible feeling...

No comments:

Post a Comment

your feedback is so very welcome here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 It's been over five years since I last blogged.  Blogs aren't really cutting edge anymore, faded to obscurity under the glitzy allu...