Sunday, August 08, 2010

Home, home, home...

So good to be home after a month away! 


The beach was FABULOUS. Every day was perfect. 
God is so very good! 
My cup of blessing? 
Overflowing. 
To have such sweet loving friends as Britt, AL, and Ms. Debbie. :) 


So, I know I could take up lots of space listing blessings...
I've done it before (on paper) and...wow, just wow. 
It'll lift your spirits. 


So: home. 
I forced myself to unpack yesterday, going against my lazy grain. Really, it wasn't so bad. 
I dread unpacking. And packing. 
Packing in general. 
It is in such times when you must make hard decisions. (The blue blouse or the green one?...why can't I just have both? I know, I know...because that makes for a full suitcase...) 
It was nice packing to the beach.  I was already packed. 
See, the week before I was at my grandparents, and the week before that I was at camp, and the week before that I was cooking in another camp kitchen...
My clothes had been washed of course, but I was packed with a VERY FULL suitcase. I was used to living out of it. 


At camp, you go through clothes like nobody's business. (I don't go through nobody's business usually, but...) 
At camp, you wear crazy stuff that you wouldn't really wear anywhere else (a t-shirt with tofu fighting? really?)


But that was what I had to work with for my wardrobe. 


I was home for about 45 minutes before heading out to HHI. Just enough time to grab a few good books, a beach towel, and a few other beach-y items. 
Turns out I had PLENTY of stuff...


Anyways, today I played guitar for the Sunday school classes. 
The kids in there need some pumping up. Give me a few more Sundays, and they will be crazy...
maybe the teachers don't want that. 
hehehe 
I have PLENTY of silly songs up my sleeve...


Today I went running.
It's been a while since I've gotten to go. 
endorphins. Runner's high.
Mmmmmmmm.


It wasn't a long run, just 3 miles, but a start nonetheless. 
I've been staying active this summer. Things like biking, hiking, swimming, cooking (it's more active than you'd think!), doing stunts and falling down are all great; still, nothing like a good run. It gives you time to think. 
This run was great. I kept having Bible verses pop into my head. How cool and comforting. 

Then, to top off the night, Daddy bought some avocados! 
I have MISSED guacamole all summer. Poor, poor me. 
It's a super addicting something-or-other. My favorite. 
Not really a dip. I have my own secret recipe for it. (I've tweaked it recently. Shhhhh. Don't tell!)


Then, to make it an even better night, we watched Dr. Who. 
I am getting into Dr. Who. At first, I thought it was cheesy, silly, etc. 
Nope. It's a really riveting and interesting show... 


It was a very nice night indeed. 
Now I'll pop off to bed. I felt like blogging something, even it it is all rather rambly and not terribly cohesive. 
It's so annoying. I'll get going on an idea, and then have another great thought come forward. I'll want to write about that too. Next thing I know, my post is waaayyyy long. 


I need to stop following so many bunny trails. 


My sisters and I are going to make a video soon. 
We have to come up with (or narrow down) our theme for the video. 
If you have an idea, do comment. 
We love satire and goofiness. Nothing too serious. 


.....Argh, bunny trail! 


Alright. It is my bedtime. It SHOULD be my bedtime. 
Goodnight, reader! 

1 comment:

  1. Haha...I love your blogs....randomness is amazing. I'm excited about the video!

    ReplyDelete

your feedback is so very welcome here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 It's been over five years since I last blogged.  Blogs aren't really cutting edge anymore, faded to obscurity under the glitzy allu...