Monday, December 13, 2010

Life, etc.

This weekend has been surreal. So much has happened.
Last night, I was pretty much comatose due to sleepiness and benadryl. You know how I am on benadryl...

On Friday, I was invited to see a movie, the new Chronicles of Narnia. I had such fun.
The film was a pretty great adaptation, though I do have a few suggestions for the film-writers, if they are so interested in hearing my input. You never know... haha


On Saturday, before any decent human would normally awake, I awoke for the ACT exam.
Yay standardized testing!
I was entertained by the test instructor. She was a bit on the scatterbrained side, and as she oh-so-slowly and oh-so-sternly read aloud the testing instructions, she got the words "permitted" and "prohibited" mixed up.
It went like this:

"Cell phone use is not prohibited.
Sharing test questions is not prohibited.
The use of tabacco, food, or drink in the testing area is not prohibited.
Speaking during testing time is not prohibited." 


She enunciated the "not prohibited"very well. I wondered if anyone else got it. I didn't ask her if she was serious.

There were other sources of humor; I find ways to entertain myself, even if I have to sit still for five hours.

I'm not supposed to write anything about the essay question, but I will say it was a funny topic. I was quite a hypocrite in my response essay. My daddy was not thrilled at my two-facedness. This is all I shall reveal.



After the insanity of testing, I went out for greek/italian food. Yum. (click to visit the website) <-- this place is so so so so good. My parents have known the owner of the restaurant since before they were married. They went to his old restaurant when they were dating. 
They took me there as a baby. As my sisters and I grew up, we ate there. We even went to his daughter's wedding. 
He's a great guy and a good cook. 


Saturday evening, I went to a wonderful Christmas party. There's nothing like a good Christmas party to make me feel festive.
I met new people. You know how I am around people?
...I'm a homeschooler, okay? Translation: the corner is my favorite place to sit. Preferably facing it and avoiding eye contact with others.

I'm kidding. I love meeting new people.
People are great. Really.
Don't look so skeptical.

I'm an introvert, but that doesn't mean I'm anti-social. What a misconception.
Introvert ≠ anti-social. Not always.

I'm an introvert with extroverted tendencies.
Extrovert ≠ social and outgoing. Not always.

I had a sleepover Saturday night, despite the fact that my friend and I were conked out from the party. It was a real sleep-over. We slept (after watching a rom-com, of course) and went to church.


Anywho, now I am up at my cousins house. You might know them....they are oh so AHH-DORABLE! I've been babysitting today. (My cousins are in the 2-8 year old range. There's 4 of them. They're full of energy.)


Nate (who is 2) refused to take a nap.
He had been in his room "sleeping" for 30 minutes. I checked on him. He was NOT sleeping; he was playing with his toys.
 He was overtired (and boy it showed.)

I asked him to lay down for just 15 minutes, telling him that he was a growing little boy and he needed rest after getting up so early in the morning.

He protested. It was cute. I tried not to laugh.
He was so tired that he could barely stay awake.

He fought to keep his eyes open.

His cries of: "I NOT TIRED. I DON'T LIKE GOING TO SLEEP. I NOT GROWING."

...faded into...

"I AM NOT TIRED. I NOT GROWING. I NOT LIKE GOING TO SLEEP"

...into...

"...I'm not tired. I not growing...I don't like sleeping. I don't like...sleep. I don't like sleep..."

After five minutes of feebly protesting while I rubbed his baby head, he zonked out.

That was a major "YES!" moment.
I felt triumphant. ...I experienced the happiness a parent must feel. The feeling of actually getting a little one to go to sleep.

 That's it for now.

I cooked sausage balls today. For my daddy and uncle. They were good and spicy, if I do say so.
I have outside sources to back me up, too. *wink*

No comments:

Post a Comment

your feedback is so very welcome here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 It's been over five years since I last blogged.  Blogs aren't really cutting edge anymore, faded to obscurity under the glitzy allu...