Friday, December 10, 2010

a small reminder of youth

On Wednesday, I participated in a conversation that was most humorous. I was talking with two 9 year old boys (O and B), and another adult.

Adult (to boys) : So, what do you want to be when you are older? A doctor, maybe? 
O: No, not a doctor! That's boring. I'm going to be an agent. 
Me: An agent? ...like a secret agent? 
O: Yeah! With the cool weapons and gadgets. I'll kill people. 
Adult: Kill people? Ugh, that does not sound good at all. I don't think that's a good job...
O: Well, I only kill the bad guys. I'm good at it. 
Adult: I guess that's better. That's still a dangerous job. Your wife will worry all of the time about you when you're on missions. 
O: What? A wife?!? I'm NEVER getting a wife. BLECH. 
Me: Why not? 
O: Because getting married means you have to be around a girl. 
B: Yeah, that is SO GROSS. 
O: You have to say you love her and act like you like her. ewwwww!
B: and then there's kissing on the lips! You have to kiss her on the lips. Groooosssss, gross, gross. I would NEVER do that. I never want a wife.
O: Ewwww, kissing on the lips! Never!

We changed the subject. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

your feedback is so very welcome here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 It's been over five years since I last blogged.  Blogs aren't really cutting edge anymore, faded to obscurity under the glitzy allu...