Wednesday, December 29, 2010

nor will they lack bread

I was reading last night before drifting off to sleep.
I felt an urge to read a few chapters in Isaiah.  


As I did, I felt a refreshment of my soul. It was an amazing feeling.  


I started reading in Chapter 50. Here's a snippet of the goodness: 




"Because of your sins you were sold; 
   because of your transgressions your mother was sent away. 
When I came, why was there no one? 
   When I called, why was there no one to answer? 
Was my arm too short to deliver you? 
   Do I lack the strength to rescue you? 
By a mere rebuke I dry up the sea, 
   I turn rivers into a desert; 
their fish rot for lack of water 
   and die of thirst. 
 I clothe the heavens with darkness 
   and make sackcloth its covering.”


I felt joyful remembering that no sin is too great for God to forgive. Nothing can get between me and Him. I should never lose the Hope.

Then I read on in Chapter 51:




  “I, even I, am He who comforts you

   Who are you that you fear mere mortals, 
   human beings who are but grass, 
 that you forget the LORD your Maker, 
   who stretches out the heavens 
   and who lays the foundations of the earth, 
that you live in constant terror every day 
   because of the wrath of the oppressor, 
   who is bent on destruction? 
For where is the wrath of the oppressor?" 

  
Fearing man shouldn't even be an option. In comparison with my great infinite awesome God, all else pales. 


"...The cowering prisoners will soon be set free; 

they will not die in their dungeon, 

   nor will they lack bread." 



I was a cowering prisoner, but I am free now. I am a new creation, and I have abundant life filled with His great blessings. 


Because of Him, I have hope, and I know He will provide.  


 "For I am the LORD your God, 
   who stirs up the sea so that its waves roar— 
   the LORD Almighty is His name. 
 I have put my words in your mouth 
   and covered you with the shadow of my hand— 
I who set the heavens in place, 
   who laid the foundations of the earth, 
   and who say to Zion, ‘You are my people.’”

I am one of His, and He is my great, huge, infinite, omnipotent, loving, and caring God.

This passage was just what my spirit needed. I am so easily ensnared by the minute details of life. I'm a detail-oriented person. I start to worry and fret about my future; the job I'll have, the degree I'll get, the car I'll drive, the impact I'll make... on and on the list can go.

Reading Isaiah 50 and 51, I got a teensy glimpse of God's greatness and power. I got to step back for a moment. It fed my soul. It pushed my refocus button.

How he loves us! It fills me with such giddy joy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

your feedback is so very welcome here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 It's been over five years since I last blogged.  Blogs aren't really cutting edge anymore, faded to obscurity under the glitzy allu...