Saturday, April 10, 2010

insouciant interests?







                        There are clouds of yellow surrounding EVERYTHING.                  

                                The sky is even starting to take on a yellowish hue.                  
I had forgotten what it was like for everything to be coated in pollen.             
                                                                             It's the yearly infestation.                  

If you live anywhere near a pine tree, you know what I mean.





Only a few more weeks (or a big rain storm) and the pollen will have dissipated. 
I hope. 
Right now, I'm wishing that I had some yellow clothes. 
Then it wouldn't show up when I stupidly sit on a park bench. 
(it hasn't happened yet, but as the boy scouts say, "be prepared!")
I'll eventually get my wish. My clothes WILL be yellow if I stay outside long enough. 


It's most definitely warming up. Perfect weather to run in. 
I love it. 
The sun is making all of my freckles pop out. 
Oh, if only they would all join together... 


Ho hum. 
Freckles aren't that bad...
I'm glad I don't live a few hundred years ago
back when freckles were considered horrid; 
people had to stay in the shade all of the time or use poultices for fear of them.  
Being a red head wasn't the best either...


Yup, this is a prime era to live in! I can have freckles freely... 


Speaking of prime eras, I wonder if I should have been born about 50 years or so ago. 
It's odd, but I identify with the 60's and 70's culture; the music, the clothing, the attitude. People seemed to be so much more original and creative. 
Now everything is canned. 
Especially the music. 
I live in the past.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 




So in my math class, we are getting to draw flowers. 
Talk about sweetness. 
It sounds nerdy, "it's the polar graph of a sine or cosine function. One of the many tedious exciting shapes"


AND, didyaknow, there's a video contest going on in the math department (extra credit if I participate!) 
The deal is that it has to be sport related 
AND use higher level math... oh dear. 


Hmmmm, I'll be brainstorming. I think that first place gets something like 50 bucks. Not too bad, especially considering that I'll be getting some much needed extra credit. 


Speaking of videos, my mac, 
(which is WAAAAAY better than a PC, I add snidely
has some pretty sweet video editing software. 
I've been playing with it for a week now. 
It's rather addicting. 
I uploaded one of my videos to youtube...I like background music, in case you didn't notice. 
Sound effects are also fun.  (if you want to see the whole thing click here)





So, this is what my sisters and I do for fun. 
Don't ask me who that last guy on the credits is... I really have no idea. 


*********
This week will be full of energy. 
My cousins are in town, staying with us all week! 
All four of them. Aged 8 and under. 
It will be really fun, 


...so long as everyone gets their naps in during the day. 


(Oh! Oh! I have something else to talk about, but maybe I'll save that for another post...yes, I think that I will. )


This post has gotten longish. 
I like longishness USUALLY


...as long as it isn't just long run on sentences that just seem to go on and there aren't any breaks and the writer doesn't understand paragraphs and really sometimes you can't understand the meaning of the sentence even after you read it twelve times or maybe even fourteen times and then the grammar isn't great like you know people who write stuff and like don't think about how other people dislike ambiguity ...


You get the idea. Thankfully none of my friends write like that. 
But if they did, I'd still love them. 


I'll attempt to save you from that annoyance.





A man. A plan. A canal. Panama.

1 comment:

your feedback is so very welcome here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 It's been over five years since I last blogged.  Blogs aren't really cutting edge anymore, faded to obscurity under the glitzy allu...