Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Gatherings, Guffawing, Goosebumps. . .

So this weekend was pretty awesome too.  Well, actually, it was amazingly GRANDABOULOUS! 


I've been blessed to have been given so much FUN!  

Let me hit on some high-points. Or as Inigo says "there is too much, let me sum-up"


My grandparents, (on me mum's side) live in the mountains, er, foothills
It's a pretty place to be. We went up to see them on Thursday. 


We watched westerns with my grandaddy, went walking and shopped with my mimi, and had strawberry milkshakes and liver mush sandwiches at Myra's 


(if you are thinking "ewww Kenzie, Liver Mush? You've got some odd taste buds", it's because you've never tried it. They are pretty amazing.) 


THEN, I saw my cousins. They are so much fun!! :)
On Saturday morning, we headed back to the flatlands for a wedding


It was beautiful.

It made me feel so happy to see the sweet ceremony. 


Afterwards, I helped out with the reception. 
Filling drinks, collecting plates, that sort of thing. 


I really love helping out with stuff like that. 
Maybe I shouldn't tell you why. 


But I will. 


When you help out, see, you get to see everyone. I love that. 


Another plus: there's not many awkward moments and there's always something to do. 


Awkward moments = Blech. 


Anyways, I got to see some people I haven't seen in a long, long time at the wedding. It was very neat. 


. . . I think I have laughed more in the past week than I have in a while. 




Have you ever had one of those laughs come up and you just can't suppress it?
It always happens at the oddest times. 


Like when my sister and I took a "holy yoga" class. It was a group class. 
There was some major laughter then. 
But you have to be (or are supposedly) silent and graceful when practicing yoga. 
It didn't help that we were sitting right next to each other. 


I was doing well, keeping it together, until I looked over at her. 


I tried to stop, I really, really did.  But it happened. I attempted to cover it up with a cough. 


It didn't work.  
Guffaw. What a horrid word. Sounds like something a donkey would say. 


After spending a few moments envisioning a calm, peaceful, LAUGHTER-FREE beach, I calmed down. 


But I didn't look at her again. Just to be on the safe side. 


Back to the events: 


After the wedding, we helped with the clean-up. 


My mom cooked a MASSIVE amount of noodles with creamy garlic mushroom sauce and chicken, 
wait, it has a fancy italian name...but I can't think of it at the moment...
Anyways, she and some other ladies cooked A TON of food for the wedding and there were a leftovers. 


A bit of which are in my refrigerator. Yum. :D 
And there was the putting away of silver platters, decor, and such. 
The floral arrangements were given away. 


I got one of the table wreaths, which I promptly put on my head and wore the rest of the night much like a little girl. But it was fun.  


And it was SUCH a relief to get those pumps off. To put on some comfy flip flops.  
Pumps are nice and all, I guess.
 I've heard it said that: 


"High-heels were invented by men to make it harder for women to run."


That must be true. It's hard enough to walk in them! 


Sundays are one of the best days. 
Awana, Quiz Practice, Praise Band, seeing friends. 
it's all good. 


when I got home from church, I realized something. 


Homework. Due. 
Ahhh! PHYSICS. 
It's really not so bad.




enough rambling for now. . . 


One last thing. 
March is supposed to go in like a lion out like a lamb? 
It's flip-flopped. 
These 20 mph winds are giving me goosebumps. 





1 comment:

  1. you rock love the blog I enjoying reading your craziness so much!!! Your rock I love you!!!! This is Shannon by the way!!!

    ReplyDelete

your feedback is so very welcome here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 It's been over five years since I last blogged.  Blogs aren't really cutting edge anymore, faded to obscurity under the glitzy allu...