Thursday, March 11, 2010

Delights and Discontentment

Well, another week almost over.


The weather has been nice. (what is it with small talk and weather? I guess it's a common interest, but really?)


Physics is a thorn in my side  wonderful yet challenging subject.


For serious. I don't know if I ever will understand the coefficients of friction. 


When I'm 64, I'll still get a bemused look on my face when a stranger comes up to me and says:



"Hey, I'm trying to drag a block here with my string that makes an angle of 25ยบ to the horizontal. If the mass of my block is 12.0 kg and I'm exerting a force of 36.8 N, what is my block's coefficient of friction?"

I'll say "who cares?" and that will be that. 
Honestly, what kind of stranger would do that to you?


Nope, I'll master it. I willI shall overcome. 




So whenever, however, whoever that person is, comes up to me, I can proudly state that the coefficient of the kinetic friction is 0.25


ahh, math. 


It's not really my subject. See, I lean towards the "other" subjects. 


Math, in my book, is not necessary, at least the higher level stuff. 


I know what you're thinking. 


If we didn't have math, we'd be big old ignoramuses.


It's true.                        (I wish it was false.)


It's funny that I love most sciences, but dislike this physics so....




Let's refocus, shall we? 
"Count your blessings name them one by one...." 


Ohh, a wonderful blessing: new guitar strings. You don't realize how crummy the old ones are until you replace them. I just did, and it is a beautiful sight. 


something completely Different: 


This weekend is going to be a blast. See, it's a retreat. 


Retreats are amazingly refreshing. 


The only bummer is that it is supposed to rain.


All. Weekend. Long.


But that shouldn't affect too much. It's a spiritual retreat more than anything. 






*****My sister just made some mega-cinnamon buns. They just came out of the oven! I think I 'm going to go sneak a "nibble" and no,  I'm not going to define the size of a nibble...  



No comments:

Post a Comment

your feedback is so very welcome here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 It's been over five years since I last blogged.  Blogs aren't really cutting edge anymore, faded to obscurity under the glitzy allu...