Sunday, July 04, 2010

Line, please!

Sometimes titles come to me instantly. Today, not so much.
Perhaps, if you are reading this, you might want to know what's going on in my sphere of influence.
Or perhaps not.
But, as this is my blog, I am going to post some of the happenings of the past two weeks:


After a fun week of housesitting, I was asked to come help out in a camp kitchen as a cook. Me? In a kitchen? heh heh heh.
No, really, I love cooking. I've just had some experiences with food that are potentially good stories (not now, but years later). I'm sure you can relate. Everyone has at least one crazy food story.
Anyways, back from that red herring. I went up the winding mountain road to camp with a broad assortment of bandanas (you have to have your hair covered to be in the kitchen) and a very full suitcase.


I'm an over-packer. I'm working on this issue.
 I always think that I'll be sorry that I didn't bring extra _________ (be it toothpaste, sunscreen or...) along with me. Because you know, that stuff is "impossible" to buy at the local wal-mart.


So I went up to camp (as you saw in my previous posts) and extended my cutting and saran wrapping capabilities. I worked with seasoned pros in the kitchen. They had all been there at least eight camp seasons.
I roomed with one of the cooks and her daughter, Julia. Julia was only 6, mind you, but her knowledge and ability was impressive.


The week went by quickly, Wednesday morning I went up the mountain with Meredith. It was about 6:15 or so, and it was GORGEOUS. The sun was already up. I was tired and I could tell that she was too, but it was a refreshing way to start the day. Overall, a very cool memory.




So the week flew by, and on the weekend, I went off-mountain with the summer staff to celebrate one of the staffers birthday. It was great fun. We ate at a Mexican restaurant that had some very cool t-shirts, grooved to live beach music, and saw a lovely and long fireworks display.


So, okay, the main deal: Middle Girl’s week.
Maybe it deserves its own post. I have a feeling that it will be long.

1 comment:

your feedback is so very welcome here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 It's been over five years since I last blogged.  Blogs aren't really cutting edge anymore, faded to obscurity under the glitzy allu...