Sunday, July 25, 2010

He's not finished with me yet...

Today I had that Brandon Heath song "Wait and See" stuck in my head...
There is hope for me yet


Because God won’t forget


All the plans He’s made for me


I have to wait and see


He’s not finished with me yet...
I'm trying to wait and see what His plans are. He knows them all of course, but to me, it is a mystery. I guess that's a good thing. God knows what I can bear. If I knew all about my future, I'd go crazy.  Life would lose some of its spice and excitement... anticipation is half of the fun.
I want my heart to be set up on those heavenly things, not the temporal things that will fade away. 
Matthew 6:23 is convicting to think about:

Jesus turned and said to Peter, "Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the things of God, but the things of men." 
I want to have what God wants in my mind. The things of men fade away. They don't last long.
As it says in Colossians 3:1-4:
Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory.
I am dead. My life is in Christ. I feel joy in the thought that God has got me.

It doesn't always make sense, but I know that what God has in store is SO much greater than anything I could plan out for myself. I know that I can trust Him.
Time after time, after time, after time, He has shown Himself to be faithful and never has He let me down.
I'm glad, exuberant, joyful in the fact that I am His daughter, His princess. He's my Friend, my Brother, my King. Hallelu!!

...I just finished another week of counseling. I promise that at some point I will post about the fun and craziness of two weeks of counseling. The week was wonderful.
There are MANY funny stories that I could tell. (8-10 year olds are very joyful. They can be goofballs, but they also teach much...from the mouths of babes and all that)



...as for right now, I can say that whatever my lot,
He has taught me to say
that it is well,
it is well with my soul.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE IT! I look forward to hearing about camp!

    ReplyDelete

your feedback is so very welcome here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 It's been over five years since I last blogged.  Blogs aren't really cutting edge anymore, faded to obscurity under the glitzy allu...