Friday, April 05, 2013

gray+dreary

Today is gray and dreary.

My curtains were drawn when I woke up; my room was dark.
Before I even opened my eyes, as my alarm was going off, I somehow knew it.

I knew that the weather was going to be of the napping variety. A day filled with warm jackets, steaming cups of tea and wishing I was able to be the slug I inherently am.

These sorts of days are the days that build character.

These are the days when one learns how to be responsible, adult-like, and productive in spite of wanting to curl up with a fluffy blanket and a good novel.

It was terribly tempting to sleep in.
It was terribly tempting to cancel the schedule of life for a while, to ignore the lists of to-dos and things-that-must-be-learned.
It was terribly tempting, but I didn't give in. Here I am at school and about to start the next lecture.

But this lecture will be entertaining.
It's about relationships.  Interpersonal Communications is the title of the course.

That class gets ridiculed frequently, but I find it does have redeeming values.

While I (and most people) intuitively know a few things about interactions with other humans, I like this class because it validates my actions and reminds me that I'm not so very different from everyone else.
...sometimes that is a very good feeling.


No comments:

Post a Comment

your feedback is so very welcome here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 It's been over five years since I last blogged.  Blogs aren't really cutting edge anymore, faded to obscurity under the glitzy allu...