Monday, July 16, 2012

I am a hypocrite

During those lovely years of high school, I took a chemistry course.
I loved it.

It was my absolute favorite class, and I was actually good at it.
I understood the logic of the class and I pulled off an A in Chemistry.

 I decided that I wouldn't mind having a career in the Chem field. It was just that fun to me.

This was in 9th grade, however, and many subjects have happened since. I've even had a gap year of no school! (except for that calculus class...)

But when people would ask what subjects I liked, I always said "Chemistry. Chemistry is my favorite! I could study reactions all day!"

...fast forward 4 years.
I'm supposed to take a placement test for getting into the basic 101 college class. I looked at sample questions and... I'm a little rusty.

So I am sitting here with my old textbook and notes, cramming for the placement exam. I am happily having AHA! moments.

I am feeling more than a little sheepish for declaring to the world so often that I love this subject.

Because now, I'm blanking out.




1 comment:

  1. Hmm, right, so what you're saying is... you're human and imperfect? ;) You're not alone.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=__rW4IsiIbg

    haha- But really, isn't our imperfection, unholiness, fickleness, and inability to do as we ought the reason that Jesus died, was buried, and rose again(see Rom 7:14-8:5)? He didn't have to, but He chose to, 'cause He loves you! The only one who can condemn you is Christ; yet He took your place on the cross so He wouldn't have to condemn you! And our creaturely response is loving obedience to His commands, which it sounds like you're already committed to do. :) Courage!

    ReplyDelete

your feedback is so very welcome here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 It's been over five years since I last blogged.  Blogs aren't really cutting edge anymore, faded to obscurity under the glitzy allu...